October 26, 2006

Wet Dog

Ogden Nash wrote:

The Dog
The truth I do not stretch or shove

When I state that the dog is full of love.
I've also found, by actual test,
A wet dog is the lovingest.

My dogs end up in the water most days, so I have a regular towelling off routine before they hop in the car - if there are still dog towels in the car, and if I'm quick enough to grab them both before they jump in, or if I could be bothered to take the time and don't just shrug it off with a "the car needs a clean, anyway."

They shake on command, but that does only so much. I have 'miracle' and 'magic' dog towels but they still have to be vigorously applied to two dogs. So I like the sound of these dog coats - Trover ® Bone Dry . Made and lined with super soft looper fleece, the coats are hydrophilic and dry dog quickly as they wear them. They can also be put on wet, as a cool coat in hot weather.

Put the coat on, and the upholstery is protected while the coat drys the dog on the way home. Now that is magic.

No comments: