Luckily she is a cattledog, and grooming is not a huge task. A brisk application of a chamois and she was show ready. At shows I'm usually camped beside border collies, shelties, and the like and their owners are brushing and powdering in a flurry of activity while I read a book or teach Dusty a new trick.
Our pre-show grooming routine goes like this:
- Brush with a rake to remove loose undercoat,
- Bath a couple of days before the show with Fido's Shampoo and finish with Fido's Herbal Rinse,
- Fluff dry the tail, let the coat dry naturally.
- Rub through a tiny amount of Dog Polish, and brush.
- Show day brush with bristle brush,
- Slick with a chamois,
- Polish nose and nails with Dog Polish.