July 04, 2005

Electronic Journal

Australian CattleDogs of Canada is available on CD by subscription, or free online in a lower resolution to download and print.

The current May-June issue has an article on Canine Cognitive Dysfunction Syndrome. My old dog Joel suffered from this, but it took a couple of years to diagnose him. I often wish that I had known more about it when he first started to show symptoms, and not allowed my vet to convince me that he was just getting old. When he reached the stage of endless pacing, and panic attacks in even familiar environments, drugs helped a little but a change in diet, mental therapy and medication might have made his last years happier. He lived to 14 years.

There are also articles on herding, square dancing with dogs, and on coat colour.

No comments: