Level one consists of:
- Come from a partner to the handler a distance of 20 feet.
- Down from a sit or stand with no more than two cues, eg voice and hand signal.
- Sit from standing position on one cue only - voice or hand.
- Target the handlers hand with his nose on cue.
- Zen - stay away from a treat in the handler's hand for 5 seconds when cued before the hand is presented.
- Handler lists, in writing, five things she hopes to accomplish by working the levels.
Dusty passed the test with flying colours - we have been working on all of these except the handler list, so here it is after some thought.
What I want to accomplish is:
- A dog that is happy to be with me and work with me.
- A thinking, problem-solving dog.
- A dog that is confident in new situations.
- A dog that can concentrate on the job at hand despite distractions.
- A dog that can comfortably be at a distance from me or with other people.